RICKI’S “WIN JEANS FOR a year” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
From October 7 to 14, tell us your favourite Democracy jean feature for your chance to win jeans for a year!
The “Win Jeans for a Year” Contest (the “Contest”) will run from Monday, October 7, 2019 to Monday, October 14, 2019. All entries must be received by the Sponsor no later than Monday, October 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Promotion Period”).
This contest is sponsored by Ricki’s Fashions Inc. (Ricki’s), having offices at 1530 Gamble Place in Winnipeg, MB (the “Sponsor”). No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Wyng. You are providing your personal information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, or Wyng. By participating in this Contest, each Participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges Facebook, Instagram, and Wyng from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, with the exception of Quebec, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older on or before the date they submit their contest entry. Directors, officers, agents of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and members of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings, and parents) domiciled in the same household, are not eligible to enter. The respective families of the employees of the Sponsor, respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and members of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) domiciled in the same household, are not eligible to enter.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by and accept the terms and conditions of these official rules (the “Rules”). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, submit our ‘Win Jeans for a Year’ Official Entry Form, which will be available by following a link on the official Ricki’s homepage (/), the official Ricki’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Rickis.Sizes0to18/), the official Ricki’s Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/rickisfashion/?hl=en), or through select eblasts during the Promotion Period.
BONUS ENTRY: Comment on our official Instagram contest post(s) and tell us your favourite Democracy jean feature for a second entry into the contest. Must be following @rickisfashion (https://www.instagram.com/rickisfashion/?hl=en), to qualify.
LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER VALID EMAIL ACCOUNT plus LIMIT OF ONE (1) BONUS ENTRY PER VALID INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT (maximum two entries in total). All additional entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are void. Entries that are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, shall also be disqualified at the sole discretion of Ricki’s.
Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Ricki’s reserves the right to remove an entry from the Contest and consequently disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of the Rules – or to cancel, terminate, or modify the Promotion in its sole discretion.
By accepting their prize, each Participant agrees to these Official Rules. Entries received before the contest period will be included in the draw. Entries received after the Promotion Period will be void. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email account and/or Instagram account used at time of entry. In case of any doubt as to the identification of the entrant, the natural person who owns the email account and/or Instagram account utilized to enter shall be deemed to be the entrant.
WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION PROCESS
One entry will be selected via random draw within two business days of the Promotion Period close. The Contest Winner will be announced on Facebook and/or notified by e-mail and/or Instagram using the contact information provided within one week of the draw, and the Contest Winner will be required to email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their Prize. In order to claim a Prize, the Winner will have to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill testing question (without the assistance of another individual or mechanical device) to be administered by a representative of Ricki’s during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call or by such other means as Ricki’s may require.
If the Participant cannot be reached, incorrectly answers the time-limited mathematical skill testing question, does not claim the Prize after five (5) business days, or is otherwise disqualified from the Contest, another winning Entrant may or may not be selected, at Ricki’s sole discretion. Should Ricki’s choose to award a Prize to another winning Entrant, it will select a Prize winner among the remaining eligible entries.
There will be one individual prize awarded. The maximum value of the prize is CDN$750 (the average selling price of 12 pairs of jeans after promotions are applied plus applicable taxes). The prize will be awarded as a Ricki’s gift card(s) loaded with the total prize value. The prize will be delivered to the Winner by mail or transferred to a Ricki’s location of her choice, to be picked up by the Winner within 30 days.
NOTE: The Prize will be awarded as outlined with no cash surrender value provided. Substitutions will not be permitted. The prize will be non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
1. The Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence pertaining to this Contest, except with potential winners. Ricki’s shall not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest or for any online errors, printing errors, or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials.
2. By entering this Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree that they have not purchased electronic equipment, Internet, or telephone services for the purpose of entering this Contest. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from utilizing the Contest, as prohibited by law. Any attempt by anyone to damage or interrupt the Contest shall be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
3. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any failure of the Ricki’s website, the Ricki’s Facebook page, the Ricki’s Instagram page, or the Ricki’s Wyng page (herein collectively referred to as the “Websites”) during and following the promotion of this Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or email failure. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human, or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Subject to a contrary ruling by a recognized court of law if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned (due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor or any act corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), Ricki’s reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify a Participant or Group and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Under no circumstances shall the Sponsor be liable for any losses or damages from the use of, or reliance on, the information on the Websites (the “Information”) or use of the Websites. The Sponsor makes no warranty or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason.
4. The Sponsor, and its respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all Prizes. Each Participant assumes all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted (including, without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each Participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
5. Additionally, all Participants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by Contest, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action in connection with the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each Participant releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
6. A Prize must be accepted as is, and no transfer, product substitution or prize equivalent shall be permitted without the permission of Ricki’s. Choices of sizes and colours of products which may be purchased with a gift card are subject to availability at participating Ricki’s stores. No rain checks shall be provided.
7. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries by the end of the Promotion. All entries become the property of Ricki’s.
8. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes (1) will be awarded.
9. The Sponsor will share personal information with its personnel in connection with their duties in the Contest. Personal information collected in conjunction with this Contest will be used by the Sponsor: (1) to administer the Contest, including notification of the winning Participants and/or the full name, city, and province of the winning Participants on a publicly available winners list and/or on Instagram and (2) for future advertising/marketing/promotional efforts of the Sponsor.
10. The sponsor shall have the right to use and publish the real name, Instagram handle, city/province, and/or entry content of all participants by any and all means and in all media, now known or unknown for advertising, promotional and/or other purposes related to the Contest without notice and without further compensation.
11. Each Contest participant hereby releases, discharges and saves harmless the Sponsor from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, expenses without limitation, including as may be related to invasion of privacy, infringement of his/her rights of publicity or personality, defamation, libel, slander, and/or any other personal, moral and/or property rights in any way arising out of his/her participation in the Contest and the use of his/her photo by the Sponsor in connection therewith.
12. All expenses related to the receipt and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winning Participant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of the Sponsor, shall be the sole responsibility of each Participant. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize winning Participant shall be made. The Sponsor denies any liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this Contest or the Prize.
13. In addition to all of the foregoing conditions, the selected Participant, in order to be eligible to receive his/her Prize, must sign a declaration of eligibility, license and release, in a form to be provided by the Sponsor which relieves the Sponsor from any and all liability for injury associated with any Prize awarded to him/her, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize winner’s province or territory of residence. The declaration of eligibility, license and release must be returned to Ricki’s within five (5) business days of it having been provided to the Prize winner. Once the Prize winner has satisfied these requirements, he/she will be entitled to claim his/her Prize.
14. Any selected Participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified and may, at Ricki’s sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Ricki’s contests for a period to be determined by Ricki’s, without prejudice to Ricki’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Official Rules by such Participant. Should the selected Participant be disqualified for any reason, not claim his/her Prize within the specified time, not comply with the Rules or incorrectly answer the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may or may not select an alternate Prize winner.
15. It is the Participant’s sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing at the address indicated above if he/she changes his/her address or other contact information. All corrections must be received prior to the expiry of the Promotion Period.
16. If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under the current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules shall not be affected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect.
17. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and forever discharge Facebook, Instagram, and Ricki’s/Comark, and Wyng from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with the Contest.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Wyng. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Instagram from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
For more information – or with any questions or concerns – please contact Ricki’s, 1530 Gamble Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3T 1N6, Attention: Ricki’s Customer Service (Ricki’s Win Jeans for a Year Contest).